Neo1973 With Screen On at PopSci!

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net
Sat Feb 24 19:29:52 CET 2007

Graham Auld writes:

>> A simple checkbox/radio button in the config should suffice:
>> Geek Mode: On
>> This could allow an extra prefs menu with hundreds of settings from
>> showing the real boot screen to turning on debug for all apps (for
>> example) of course, turning Geek Mode(TM) off would set everything
>> back to be very, erm, 'consumer oriented'...
>
>No. If you have something like this it should keep what you changed, unless
>you select an extra option "Go back to defaults".

I *think* the intent -- and what I'd like to see -- would be a "geek
mode" checkbox, with a second screen (or more) specifying exactly what
was being watched.  Going into geek mode would turn on whatever was
set in the second screen; coming back out would turn off all geeky
output but not forget those settings.