Handsfree in/out for bluetooth and Linux

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri barbieri at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 04:40:59 CET 2007

On 2/24/07, Brad Midgley <bmidgley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gustavo
>
> There is an asterisk plugin so you can use your computer with the phone to
> place and receive voice calls.

I think this is too much, I don't want to setup asterisk for that.

Something in the line of:

 - http://wall4.soft.uni-linz.ac.at/_wiki/tiki-index.php?page=ProjectBluezHandsfree
 - http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/audio.html  (Section 4 -
Emulating a headphone)

Would be more interesting. While the second link just mention that
part of stack/profile is not implemented, the first say it should
work, but it doesn't work, message is:

connect: Connection refused
Error: Can't connect SCO audio channel @ 00:12:62:F9:A9:3C

I can receive call indication, accept, hang... but I cannot
talk/listen from Linux.

This become really interesting with mobile linux systems with
microphone and speakers going mainstream, like zaurus, maemo/770/n800,
OpenMoko...

> btsco won't ever be integrated into the kernel. There is not a good reason
> to do this stuff in kernel space.

I meant the driver you mentioned below.

> We have a libalsa plugin (see "plugz") that doesn't require a kernel driver
> and represents some progress in the right direction. We may have to finish
> some of the goals in our list of future work in order to have something that
> works cleanly on openmoko... see
> http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/Audio

Yep, I know your effort in this area. I'll also attend your talk at
Bossa Conference :-)

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
Jabber: barbieri at gmail.com