Locked phones (was Re: A timely rant: Time for SIM-free phones.)

alan at rotorgraphics.com alan at rotorgraphics.com
Mon Feb 26 20:26:36 CET 2007

Sam...

Thanks for posting that link.  A great write up on the "Fundamentally
Immoral" business practices in the cellullar communications industry today.

What I expect from the "Operators" or "Carriers" (depending on which oceans
are nearby) is that they cease and desist using obfuscation and bundling to
hide the true cost of their services.  Ala-carte pricing that can be
compared business to business.

Another Mini-Rant of my own:

Cell Plans That Help Parents Teach Responsibility

As a parent, one of my great angers with the cellular industry is that
NO-ONE has offered a pre-paid plan that limits the child's monthly use of
the air-time resource by cutting it off once the minute limit is exceeded
for the month.  Calls FROM and TO the parent account would still go through
and be billed to the parent account.

But the cell industry in not interested in what is best for Society as a
whole, namely  young people who can demonstrate the ability to conserve and
manage resources.  Thanks for being such good citizens, guys. (<< Sarcasm)

Alan McSwain