Voice Activated Controls

jeff moe at blagblagblag.org
Tue Feb 27 02:48:53 CET 2007

Dean Collins wrote:
> Hey Jeff,
> I was going to mention sphinx (or even a lumenvox installation), but
> this would require people to have an asterisk installation if they were
> going to run this application.
>
> An ASP service will always offer more accuracy and functionality and
> needn't be too expensive.

I can buy a closed phone with more features perhaps too... I prefer the
functionality of free/open systems to buying services. Plus asterisk totally
kicks ass. ;)

> Hell if you are going to install asterisk on a home server may as well
> buy a Mexuar Corraleta license (www.mexuar.com) so you can do the calls
> via a browser :)

Why buy a license when it can be done for free? "MozIAX is a Firefox VoIP
extension, a cross platform software IAX2 phone (softphone) to be used with
Asterisk, the Open Source PBX. Like Asterisk, MozIAX is free software."
http://moziax.mozdev.org/

-Jeff