FOSDEM OpenMoko talk now on video.google.com

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Tue Feb 27 08:32:38 CET 2007

denis wrote:
> Paul Bonser schrieb:
>> Sean already said that they will be giving some sort of discount on
>> the v2 phone for those who buy the v1 phone...
> I know that. But what is the discount? Is it 20% or 50%? I won't buy a
> phone from which I know there will be a better version available 6
> months later.

There will *always* be a better phone available 6 months later.

With consumer electronics, you either buy now with the feature set you
know at the price you know (and not complain when a better feature set
is announced at a lower price the next day), or you wait forever as
announcement after announcement of new features keeps you waiting ...

-- Rod