FOSDEM OpenMoko talk now on video.google.com

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Tue Feb 27 09:31:40 CET 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 09:07, denis wrote:

> Have you ever seen Nokia (or any other company) announcing the SAME
> device (just with 2-5 more features) in 6 months. I have never seen this.

Yeah. I think it is really great that they are so open about these things. At
least this way everybody has a choice - either use the simulator to develop
your apps, and buy the phone after the hardware upgrade (yes, after they add
WIFI, motion detectors, stereo mics, multi-point touch screen and a
heart-rate monitor), or if you can afford it, buy one early and upgrade
later-on at a reduced price.

Any other company would just release the updated phone 2 weeks after you
bought yours, and wouldn't offer a trade-in deal...

Richard