Itch3: Anti-lost/theft protection

Bartłomiej Zdanowski DRP AC2 b.zdanowski at autoguard.pl
Wed Feb 28 12:58:21 CET 2007

Hi.
Aloril napisał(a):
> When phone is lost and somebody picks it up, it would first ask PIN

(...bla bla bla...)

I like the idea. I agree with Cayco, that you cannot ask police to catch
the thief. But sending coords would be very interesting solution.
As the GPS coords may be not very accurate I'd extend the idea to
bluetooth connection which is a very short range, to point person who
owns the stolen phone.
The phone might change it's bluetooth device name to some special string
(like "stolen NEO" :-) ) so we might detect it in a short range and
point person who owns it.

Phone after detecting theft should work with thief's SIM card as usual
but also send GPS coords.

Remember that if you use PIN code thief cannot use your SIM until he
types right PIN. He/she should use his own SIM card.

--
*Bartłomiej Zdanowski*
Programista

Sąd Rejonowy dla m.st. Warszawy, XIII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego
Rejestru Sądowego
KRS: 0000029534
NIP PL1132219747
ul. Omulewska 27