iPhone Vs. Neo 1973

Terrence Barr - Evangelist, Java Mobile & Embedded Terrence.Barr at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 11 14:03:47 CET 2007

Michael,

I fully agree. If anything, iPhone shows the mobile market where
things are heading in terms of features and usability. This is a
good thing and lays the ground for new ideas and competition.

The important point for OpenMoko is that software usability and
integration are absolutely key. Honestly, whether the device supports
some spiffy hardware feature initially is secondary. A robust, usable,
flexible, and open software stack is much more important for long-
term success. That's the hard part but that is precisely where
OpenMoko can shine.

-- Terrence