I'd like to see a Neo1973 running without battery, but USB powered :) Re: Kingmax announces microSDHC 4G card

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Tue Jan 16 17:17:46 CET 2007

Salve Joe!

Joe Pfeiffer schrieb am Dienstag, den 16. Januar 2007 um 08:16h:

> Robert Michel writes:
> >
> >If the Neo1973 could run only with USB power (without battery)
> >than you would be able to skip this point "attach the battery using wires"
> >:)
>
> Hmmm, it is possible to charge the battery over USB.  If you could run
> the phone using USB power with the battery unplugged then the
> speculation about needing to turn off the phone to remove the Micro-SD
> goes away....  Sean?

Not complete, because you will not have USB power on the road.

And when you have serveral cards
- with pictures
- with music
- with programms
- with maps for routing
- with backups

I would find the need for reboots not smart. The wish that
the Neo would run also USB powered would only help on the
road, when I have a battery powered USB hub or any other
USB power source - only for switching the cards?

No - a small capacitor at the right place would help.

Greetings,
rob