what is the difference between openMoko and windows mobile based phones

hank williams hank777 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 12:39:08 CET 2007

What I mean by this is that it seems everyone is saying that the big
difference is that you can get 3rd party *real apps* on the phone. And this
is said as if windows mobile phones like moto q, blackjack and pocket PC
phones wont allow this.

Now I am not saying open source isnt great. But from your *average* users
perspective I would love to hear the advantages of the open source for these
devices. Is this just a geek issue? It seems like most of the apps described
on this list could be done with any of the windows mobile phones. I'd just
love, for my own edification, to hear why this is wrong.

Hank