7 interesting videos online :)) Re: 23C3 27.-30.12. 2006 Berlin -- Chaos Computer Club conference with interesting program ; )

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Fri Jan 19 18:06:42 CET 2007

Salve!

Some of the presentations at the 23C3 I mentioned on this list
which would be interesting for our OpenMoko/Neo1973 project have
now videos online. Probably the others will follow....
I couldn't join the 23C3 but not the videos are a good chance
to see it ;)

Big thanks to the organizer, video team, speaker and supporter of the 23C3.

Use http://events.ccc.de/congress/2006/Streams to find out a mirror
near by you.

Hav' fun and happy hacking :)
rob

small script to downlod this videos:
#!/bin/sh
# download interesting stuff from the 23C3 converence 2006
# for the OpenMoko/Neo1973 project
# 2007.01.18 openmoko at robertmichel.de

#The m4v encoded files are playing well with
#vlc.org ;) apt-get install vlc

mirror=ftp://dewy.fem.tu-ilmenau.de/CCC/23C3/video/
#mirror=ftp://mirror.hgkz.ch/CCC/23C3/
#mirror=ftp://ftp.stw-bonn.de/pub/23C3/
#mirror=http://media.hojann.net/23C3/

#more mirros, RSYNC, BitTorrent see:
#http://events.ccc.de/congress/2006/Streams

videos="
23C3-1459-en-sip_security.m4v
23C3-1495-en-green_phone.m4v
23C3-1566-en-openpcd_openpicc.m4v
23C3-1592-en-inside_vmware.m4v
23C3-1597-en-hackers_toolkit_for_rfid_emulation_and_jamming.m4v
23C3-1667-de-jabber_showcase.m4v
23C3-1733-en-bluetooth_hacking_revisited.m4v
"

#download the presentations html pages
# localfilename like 23C3-1459.en.html
webpage1=http://events.ccc.de/congress/2006/Fahrplan/events/
for i in $(echo $videos); do
    remotefile=$(echo $i | cut -b 6-12 | sed s/-/./g )".html"
    localfile=23C3-$remotefile
    curl -R $webpage1$remotefile > $localfile
# get also the attachments
# $ra = remote attachment $la = local attachment
# localfilename like 23C3-1459.en.attached-SIPsecurity_JanSeedorf.pdf
webpage2=http://events.ccc.de/congress/2006/Fahrplan/attachments/
   for l in $(lynx --localhost 1 -dump "$localfile" |\
   grep /congress/2006/Fahrplan/attachments/ | awk '{print $2}'); do
        ra=$(echo $l | sed "s/[[:print:]]*[/]//g")
        la1=$(echo $localfile | cut -b 1-13 )
        la=$(echo $la1 attached- $ra | sed "s/ //g")
        curl -R  $webpage2$ra  > $la
    done
done

#download the videos
#local filename like 23C3-1459-en-sip_security.m4v
for i in $(echo $videos); do
   echo "Download now the video $i"
   curl -RO  $mirror$i
done

#download the md5 files of the videos
for i in $(echo $videos); do
   curl -RO $(echo $mirror$i | sed s/m4v$/md5/g)
done

#EOF

Anybody an idea how to motivate curl and to continous
with downloading to avoid multiple downloading when
running the skript multiple times?

http://dewy.fem.tu-ilmenau.de/CCC/23C3/video/23C3-1597-en-hackers_toolkit_for_rfid_emulation_and_jamming.m4v

http://dewy.fem.tu-ilmenau.de/CCC/23C3/video/23C3-1495-en-green_phone.m4v

http://dewy.fem.tu-ilmenau.de/CCC/23C3/video/23C3-1667-de-jabber_showcase.m4v