Free Your Phone

Richi Plana myopenmoko at richip.dhs.org
Sun Jan 21 22:17:07 CET 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 21:58 +0100, Milan Votava wrote:
> It would be nice to know if Sean's aim is
>
> 1. to satisfy his and our need for open source toys like Neo
>
> or
>
> 2. to earn money like almost everybody on this planet while
> exploiting geeks like us to achieve his goal :-)

I sincerely doubt that the answer to that question is either of the
two ... or at least either of the two in their current form. The term
"exploit", to me, connotes an unequal or unfair exchange. Where one
person takes more than he/she gives. I don't think there's a single
person on this list who isn't drooling for this product because it's
something they've been wanting for some time now. And I also doubt
people who volunteer their efforts don't get anything in return.

Eventually, I hope to earn money from the apps I intend to develop for
the Neo ... not by selling the app nor the phone, but by providing it as
part of a solution to business and personal problems which my company
caters to. Practically everything I develop will be released as open
source, unless my client pays me not to.
--

Richi Plana