Make it easy to voluntarily pay for free OpenMoko software?

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Jan 26 09:57:34 CET 2007

to, 2007-01-25 kello 22:56 +0000, Dave Crossland kirjoitti:
> Many free software projects accept donations, and if you are willing
> to pay the developers after enjoying their software, I feel it is
> important to donate a little.

Indeed. Which brings to mind that should/could OpenMoko provide some
framework to make it easier to pass a few bucks to a developer of a
nifty free app, and how could this be accomplished? Perchance spesify a
standard spot in package metadata + package manager (and/or application
menus) for a link to the developer's favourite online payment
service/other info?

Just a thought, but I think it would be nice to try to make it easy to
monetarily reward people who create free software for the phone; also,
if successful, it would perhaps serve to make the distiction between
beer and speech free more apparent. ('course, it could be used by
non-free software developers as well, but whatever.)

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>