Free Your Phone

Simon simon80 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 08:33:09 CET 2007

On 1/24/07, Renaissance Man <renaissanceman at macmail.com> wrote:
> He said what? Christ, give me Richard Stallman any day.
>
> Renaissance Man
>
> On 24 Jan 2007, at 1:03 am, Marcus Bauer wrote:
>
> > Linus Torvalds once jokingly said: "I am your god".

Here's my understanding of this comment, to clear things up: the story
is that he was in front of a really enthusiastic crowd, and the
comment was a joke about the way the crowd was looking up to him.
Totally not an arrogant statement.  Even if I don't agree with every
one of his other opinions, I still think it was
a pretty funny comment, and not inappropriate at all in the context.