Fax modem? Fax software? Neo as T.38 gateway?

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Mon Jan 29 22:53:50 CET 2007

Salve!

I know that Fax is quite outdate and I'm not
shure that I will need this but Fax over IP FoIP
is not so easy to use like Voip today.
(E.g. Asterisk miss a T.38 implemention)

So for people without a landline telephone connection
sending FAX via GSM could become intersting.

And with the 480x640 screen, touchscreen,
and the linux printer drivers potential it would
be interesting to send/recive/view faxs with
OpenMoko/Neo1973, let me say some day - hacking
this would need some work and others will have
more priority (IMHO).

My question is: would the GSM chip has a modem
for data connections and also fax support?

Greetings,
rob