An alternative gaming top case

Tim Newsom cephdon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 15:44:47 CEST 2007

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 4:01, Robin Paulson wrote:

> excuse my ignorance, but do you mean a 3d scanner as in a device for
> measuring a 3d object?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_scanner
>
> if you do, and have a Neo, that would be awesome. any chance of using
> it to produce an electronic model of the case that you could share
> with us?
>
> as for formats - i presume you mean file formats. something open like
> .blend would be good, or more commonly, .stl:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STL_(file_format), those are accepted by
> pretty much every 3d modeller out there

Yep. But unfortunately I do not yet have a neo1973.
.stl I gathered but I had not thought of .blend

Basically all a 3d scanner does is build up a point cloud for the
contours of an object and then kinda wrap it in a skin. If the
resolution of the point cloud is high enough you can make out some
pretty fine detail.
In this case (no pun intended) I believe it will work pretty well.
--Tim