Custom case designs...

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Wed Jul 4 07:42:57 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 19:03:47 adrian cockcroft wrote:
> I've been designing cases for the homebrew mobile club, posting the design
> files on the wiki and producing them on a 3D printer.
>
> http://www.hbmobile.org/wiki/index.php?title=Portrait_oriented_case
>
> I can get these individually made for $40 or so each at
> http://www.techshop.ws
> a custom case for the FIC 1973 hardware would be smaller and cost less (its
> $10/cubic inch).

I would most likely pay something on the order of 40$ for a rectangular, no
holes, sturdy case. If the finish is done in a nice way. Ideally, it would be
all black, slightly rubberish feeling plastic (some Nokia phones have this,
not sure just how resilient it is though) and for the most important point:
INCLUDE A PLACE TO STORE A SMALL STYLUS (the one on the P900 is about 1,5mm
wide, that's plenty, it just needs to live in the phone)!