Support for Left handers

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Sat Jul 14 14:18:10 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm new here, I have an OpenMoko on order and hope to do some
development. I'll contribute ideas and bug reports at the least.

  I'm not sure I've ever used a touch screen mobile device that
caters for left handed people. On the whole there aren't many issues
with using devices left handed, so adding the support is easy.

The main problem is scrollbars, when they're on the right dragging
the scrollbar left handed results in your hand covering the screen so
you can't see what you are doing. So having the option of scrollbars
on the left would be useful.

Ideally if you implement such features in the interface and not per
application then it will all be transparent and less work will need
to be done.

Comments?

Giles.