Again: Advertising thoughts

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Mon Jul 16 10:47:34 CEST 2007

On Monday 16 July 2007 02:39:56 Jae Stutzman wrote:
> demonstrated it. What is the point of all this anyways: promoting freedom.
> The consumer isn't an idiot, although MS would want us all to believe it.
> If you don't like Linux use "Powered by FOSS". But don't believe the FUD.

In my experience, many people actively get scared when you mention Linux (even
though they may very well be using Firefox or even Thunderbird on their
Windows boxes! Or Linux on their WRT54, for that matter ;-). In my view, you
shouldn't advertise Linux, but make clear it's running on it when people
actually *use* it. If they are scared about "the evil command line" they
won't even dare trying it!