Not "the free phone"

Dirk Bergstrom openmoko at otisbean.com
Mon Jul 16 19:18:53 CEST 2007

Ian Darwin wrote:
> The phrase "free phone" already means the
> opposite of what we want it to mean. It's done, finished, over. Move on.

Ugh, Ian's right.  That phrase has been violently co-opted by the
carriers.  Much as I like "The free(d) phone", I don't think we can use
that anywhere outside the geek community.

I suspect that few, if any, of us are going to be able to figure out how
to advertise this phone to a non-geek.  Hopefully FIC has some
traditional marketing fu up their sleeve...

--
Dirk