projects of interest? - mebot

Tim Newsom cephdon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 20:01:26 CEST 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 7:40, Marc Verwerft wrote:
> On 7/18/07, Emre Turkay <emreturkay at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm planning to use it to implement a GTD[1] utility.
>>
> Yes!
>
>> Consider there is a simple market-list application, in which I note
>> the stuff I need to buy from market, time to time. When I approach to
>> the market moko starts an audio alert and tells me to stop by the
>> market to buy stuff. When I enter the market automatically pops up my
>> market list.
>
> My wife would love this :-)
>

>> I'm thinking about a plug-in architecture so you can extend this idea
>> as far as it goes, bugzilla integration, mail client integration, web
>> browser integration, integration with an outliner/mindmapper, project
>> planner, tomboy, etc. Every new plug-in will open a door to another
>> cool idea.
>>
>> Started to write it a couple weeks ago, got a sourceforge account[2].
>> There is a very trivial demonstration application on subversion and as
>> a tarball download.
>>
>> If there is anybody interested I would love to discuss.
> I'm sure willing to test it ...
>

>> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gtd
>> [2] http://mebot.sourceforge.net
>>
>> emre

You could expand this a little and possibly select items from multiple
location lists and then select
"Find the shortest route to complete all tasks"
And have it map the entire selected list of waypoints in some order..
Possibly even order by the number of tasks/items in any one location to
optimize the amount of work completed.

--Tim