purchase of openmoko

Jason Elwell elwell at smartlp.com
Fri Jul 20 03:01:08 CEST 2007

On Thursday 19 July 2007 17:44:44 Gerry Grainger wrote:
> hi folks. I've had a problem with the purchase of the GTA01 model: I paid
> for it pretty much as soon as the slashdot story broke, but haven't
> received even a confirmation email for it. Does this mean that the order
> didn't go through, or what?
>
> Cheers,
> Gerry.
>

> PS - i'm inordinately stoked about the possibilities of this thing, hence
> my consternation about it's non-shipping...

Hi Gerry,
This wiki page should answer your questions:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Direct.openmoko.com_order_process

With regard to the current status of things, essentially FIC has NOT charged
most people's credit cards, and has NOT shipped any devices.  Hopefully FIC
will start processing the orders and shipping devices in the very near
future.

Regards,
Jason Elwell