Appeals to Linux hardware hackers?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Wed Jul 25 21:42:41 CEST 2007

Am 25.07.2007 um 21:14 schrieb Giles Jones:

> Hi,
>
> I was thinking, there's a few people who are spending time hacking
> away at HTC devices to get Linux running on them. While it is
> commendable they would be better to help us with OpenMoko.
>
> Maybe we could appeal to them if we're not already on their radar.
>
> Thoughts?

Hm.

I think it is just a few. And, IMHO their motivation is different:
hacking closed hardware is a lot of fun. That is quite different from
developing software for open hardware.

It might be as difficult as to convince you that it is a lot of fun
to hack a HTC device and you should better help them than using an
open hardware.

So, there is no chance to change the appeal. It is like the Linux vs.
*BSD discussion. Each project has its contributors.