dfu-util on Mac OS X

Krzysztof Kajkowski cayco at poczta.cayco.pl
Sat Jul 28 23:16:08 CEST 2007

Hi! I managed to compile dfu-util on my Mac. Here's very short (and dirty) hack:

First install libusb: sudo port install libusb

Get dfu-util: svn co http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/src/host/dfu-util/

run ./autogen.sh

Then, for some reason, my libusb lib was not detected. I needed to set
my paths by hand:

comment out line 18 and 19 in configure.ac:
#PKG_CHECK_MODULES(USB, libusb >= 0.1.4,,
#AC_MSG_ERROR([*** Required libusb >= 0.1.4 not installed ***]))

and add libusb libs manually to line 20, so it looks like:
LIBS="$LIBS -L/opt/local/lib -lusb -Wl,-framework -Wl,IOKit
-Wl,-framework -Wl,CoreFoundation -Wl,-prebind -I/opt/local/include"

run ./configure

goto src and:
comment out dfu static because this is not supported on Mac:
dfu_util_static_LDFLAGS = #-static

add lib by hand:
DEFAULT_INCLUDES = -I. -I$(srcdir) -I$(top_builddir)
-I/opt/local/include -L/opt/local/lib -lusb -Wl,-framework -Wl,IOKit
-Wl,-framework -Wl,CoreFoundation -Wl,-prebind -I/opt/local/include

(I know that this is totaly unpure, dirty hack, but it works).

Run make in src dir.

Can any of Mac owners try to confirm if this dfu-util works for him on
his GTA01? I can even send binary...

cheers

cayco