US: T-Mobile plans

John Seghers jseghers at cequint.com
Tue Jul 31 19:21:18 CEST 2007

While I've not done so in the last few months, I have done a lot of work in
J2ME games. T-Mobile has a definite "walled-garden" mentality on some
aspects of web access. For the last couple of years (unless they've changed
very recently) while they have allowed browsing of most internet sites, they
have not allowed JAR files to be downloaded from non-approved sites. This
could be gotten around with special SIMs if you have a developer
relationship with T-Mobile.  There might be fewer restrictions on the
"Mobile Internet" vs. "Mobile Web".

- John

Nkoli wrote:

The only difference between T-Mobile Web and T-Mobile Internet on the phone
is that T-Mobile Internet allows VPN while T-Mobile Web doesn't. You can
access any arbitrary html or wap site on your phone with both plans.