Neo1973 Update!

Frank Coenen franknstein666 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 15:18:45 CEST 2007

* Sorry el jefe for this double e-mail, forgot to send it to
the mailing list

Mickeyl said in his presantation that the GTA-02 will be out in a couple of
months. Then, if you look at slide 22 (
http://www.vanille-media.de/misc/openmoko-lt2007.pdf
) it says that the GTA-02 is the version planed for phase 2.

Phase1: (GTA-01) Out in a couple of days/ weeks.
-> For devolopers!!!
Buggy software. You'd be lucky to make a phonecall. Though you could use it
as a very expensive calculater, since that app has been working for quite
some time. ;-)

Phase2: (GTA-02) Out in a couple of months (the 'september' launch for
general public).
-> For end-users.

I presume that the GTA-02 model will ship prior to the general launch, since
communitiy testing/ development will be done. I think they will accept
orders when the first GTA-02 production run has gone well. Then after a
couple of weeks, when they ramp up production, and the software is ready, we
will enter phase2: Then you're granny can buy one.