Iphone 3rd party development allowed...

kenneth marken k-marken at online.no
Wed Jun 6 02:11:08 CEST 2007

Todd W wrote:

> From: "Tim Newsom" <cephdon at gmail.com>
>

>> So apparently Jobs decided to allow 3rd party software on the phone
>> after all... Interesting development.
>
> Yes, but how are they going to _support_ it?

or for that matter, how many hoops do you have to jump thru to get your
app onto the phone? i belive jobs at one time used the word "simple" to
talk about the kind of apps one would be allowed to make (or move from
osx to the phone iirc). so for all we know they are planing to make one
able to create something similar to dashboard widgets but not much else.

i just cant shake the feeling that the iphone will be a highly
controlled environment, with apple as the guardian.

hell, they have partnered up with AT&T. and isnt mobile operators in the
US notorious for locking down what phones can or cant do? i recall
reading about bluetooth file transfer being removed and similar so that
one had to use their network to transfer data to and from the phone and
similar.