R: R: Some thoughts about iphone & openmoko

Michele Manzato michele.manzato at verona.miz.it
Wed Jun 6 12:56:52 CEST 2007

We're (hopefully) soon going to have a wonderful device in hand, with
unprecedented capabilities. I don't know well FIC, but they probably don't
have the weight of neither Motorola nor Apple in order to market the product
regardless of its actual performance. So, in order for the Neo to be a
success beyond the hackers' community, it must be a _damned_ good device
and, I mean, both on the hardware side and on the software/UI side.

I've read Sean writing on the tech focus being now on the hardware, and
that's fine... But as good cooking takes time, the UI is something
particularly long to cook. I'd welcome the proposal to appoint a
UI/usability guru - or small working group - for Neo/OpenMoko.

Michele