UI ideas/questions or can we animate things as smooth as iPhone?

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Jun 7 22:31:02 CEST 2007

to, 2007-06-07 kello 12:19 -0600, Knight Walker kirjoitti:
> And you'd be 100% wrong in at least a few occasions.  X11 applications
> aren't just for running desktop apps on the Moko.  They can also be for
> running Moko apps on the desktop.

Well put there, hadn't even considered that. I'm not quite the heavy
user of remote X as you appear to be, but it does often have value. I
can immediately see it here now that you pointed it out.

> First, I get a sad little chill when people think that dropping X11 will
> solve all their speed problems, with absolutely no knowledge of X11's
> origins and progress over the last several decades.

Indeed eliminating X is often quoted as a silver bullet for getting
speed without really justifying it much at all. Also good points about
it seeming unlikely that the core GUI stuff is really profiled much, and
having a reliable, widely used and documented graphics platform etc.

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>