community involvement todo?

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Fri Jun 8 11:14:30 CEST 2007

Hello.

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 02:41, Philippe De Swert wrote:

> So I would like to propose a todo list on the wiki. This should list a
> number of tasks which people can take up with a short explanation of
> what has to be done and what is expected.

We already had some thoughts about such 'junior tasks'. I really like
the idea to give interested people small tasks for a quick start.

The real problem is to identify such tasks. Most of the stuff is still
much work in progress. We should start such a list anyway. :)

I'll see if I come up with some ideas in the next days.

> This coupled to a seperate email address or mailing list. After which
> the devs can add the patches

I would vote against another ml. We already have enough. Just send the
patch to the ml for the stuff you are hacking on: u-boot, kernel,
application...

> Alternatively we can make sure that more bugs are filed in bugzilla with
> detailed explanations.

This is of course always a godd idea. :)

> Any comments? People willing to take up co-ordinating, devs willing to
> check this out, ...?

Please start the page in the wiki. You guys can already write down
some tasks and I'll poke my colleagues to add some more.

regards
Stefan Schmidt