community involvement todo?

Jeff Andros jeff at bigredtj.com
Fri Jun 8 19:24:49 CEST 2007

On 6/8/07, Stefan Schmidt <stefan at datenfreihafen.org> wrote:

> Hello.
>

> So the wiki page should have the following for every single task:
> Description, needed skills, links to reference code...
>
> If nobody beat me, *hint*, I'll add these tasks and perhaps some more
> to the wiki tonight.
>
> regards
> Stefan Schmidt

Are we really suggesting that we manually maintain one set of information
about all the tasks on the wiki, and another on the bugtracker?  In my
experience, it's hard enough to keep devs (myself included) documenting
properly, and now we want to double the workload?

What it seems you're saying is that the bugtracker isn't working for you,
that's cool, but every red flag I have goes up when you're suggesting we
duplicate the functionality across multiple systems.  Looking at the
bugtracker, I can see how it would be pretty daunting to start out, but I
really think it would be a better call to fix that than try to keep them
synchronized.

I think doing anything more than keeping a list of possible "first" bugs on
the wiki is just asking for trouble, but what do the rest of you think we
could do to make the bug reports easier to get started on?

--
Jeff