cellphone-sized X86 PC motherboard potential OpenMoko platform?

Thomas Gstädtner thomas at gstaedtner.net
Sat Jun 9 21:41:36 CEST 2007

Well, it stays a power consuming x86.
I cannot imagine that this already would be an alternative architecture to
ARM and so on.
Current VIA's take from 500 mW up to 7 W, Intels XScale from 0.1 mW to 1.5W.
When you look at the board you see that there is not much space left.
It seems there's no GSM, no WiFi, no other chip already.

And as I always say: The only reason for using x86 in small and embedded
devices is running Windows.
I really don't want to have Windows on my phone. No CE/Mobile, exceptionally
no XP/Vista. Do you? :)

But I'm impressed that VIA can do a such small x86 mainboard, with x86 cpu,
chipset and ram on this little space.