UI ideas/questions or can we animate things as smooth as iPhone?

Fabien fleutot+openmoko at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 13:12:22 CEST 2007

Following the "there's much more than GFX effects in a usable UI", here's an
interesting blog post:

It's not about embedded devices GUI, rather about desktop apps vs. web apps.
However, mutatis mutandis, it drives another nail in the same coffin:
application UIs thought in terms of classic desktop widgets lag way behind
in terms of usability.

Moreover, I believe there are ways to leverage the search-based API which
makes google apps so ergonomic into embedded devices, provided that we can
find a proper input method. Of course this input method wouldn't be
Win32/OSX/GTK/KDE-like widgets, nor some clunky keyboard replacement.