Wiimote, I2C & Neo

Steven ** montgoss+openmokocommunity at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 13:20:05 CEST 2007

The Wii remotes use standard bluetooth.  See
http://www.wiili.org/index.php/Wiimote_driver for some info on connecting to
a Linux box.  If you a have better source, please share.

So, if you're just looking for the accelerometer, there's no need to splice
wires.  Plus, the GTA02 will have two 3D accelerometers according to the
latest presentations by FIC.  I guess if what you really want is the
joystick, you'd want the nunchuck part.  But obviously that data is sent via
bluetooth as well.  Of course, the remote costs $40 instead of just $20 for
the nunchuck.

What applications are you thinking about for this?

-Steven