standard API for linux phones?

Tim Newsom cephdon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 02:06:24 CEST 2007

 From what I read, the LIPS group is creating an 'open' standard.  The
impression I got from that was the other phone standards group was
'closed' whatever that means.

If we are going to back a group, maybe FIC should join it and help in
the development process of the standard. None of the members are small
(as far as I can tell), and it does at least have the backing of some
operators..

Either way, we will need to either submit a standard at some point or
follow one so that others can interop with us.. Right?

--Tim