Home Brew StarTrek Communicator

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Tue Jun 12 14:59:50 CEST 2007

Hi Ian,
Thanks for your input.

As discussed in the article the concept of the "freespace" is to
allocate bandwidth to devices that meet 'requirements' but is otherwise
uncontrolled.

Maybe it didn't come across in the blog but the idea is that in this
space you can build alternative devices no longer controlled by a single
entity like the carriers.

But yes your comments about people stepping outside the rules are valid
- hopefully you'll be able to join the conference call with your
thoughts next week.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd