Openness (was RE: Concern for usability and ergonomics)

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:42:02 CEST 2007

damn, wrong address, sorry oleg. repost. twice
can someone at openmoko fix the auto-generated reply-to fields on this
mailing-list? every time this gets me

On 6/13/07, Oleg Gusev <oleg at crista.uni-wuppertal.de> wrote:
> HTC phones are commodity hardware that anybody can buy
> right here and right now. Linux on HTC Universal supports
> WIFI and UMTS _today_ ( http://handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/UniversalStatus )
> Unfortunately many people prefer to whine about the features
> of future unreleased devices, instead of writing some productivity software
> useful for the end-users ;-)

two words:
microsoft tax

impressive specs though

as a sidenote, the familiar project which they are using on these
devices probably overlaps with openmoko.

http://familiar.handhelds.org/

are we duplicating work? familiar is 6+ years old, i'm sure they must
have some good ideas that can be used? maybe we can make openmoko a
fork from their project?