Will Openmoko ever see the light of day? Was Re: Concern for usability and ergonomics

Ole Tange openmoko.org at tange.dk
Thu Jun 14 23:16:36 CEST 2007

On 6/13/07, Duncan Hudson <openmoko at dunc-it.com> wrote:
> denis wrote:
> > That is something I would like to know as well. The statement ist not
> > really clear and seems to be very misterious. I don't know.
> >
> In all honesty, has there ever been a really clear statement about this
> device?  I'm beginning to feel (as was eluded to in others' posts months
> ago) that this is vaporware, and that we are just being strung along.
> Flame me all you want, but until I have something in my hot little hand
> how can I possibly be led to believe anything else at this point?

I understand your concern. I have at the moment 2 Neo1973
pre-production handsets in my hand. So if this is vaporware they are
*really* going the extra mile to make it look convincing.

Is there anything I can do to put your mind at ease? Will photos of
opening it help, so you can see it really is not just a bunch of
plastic?

/Ole