Will Openmoko ever see the light of day?

Andrew Becherer apbech0 at u.washington.edu
Fri Jun 15 18:49:30 CEST 2007

On 6/15/07, Miquel Herrera <maht at hitconsultants.com> wrote:

> Sven Neuhaus wrote:
> >
> > > So yeah, you can call me on a GTA-01 (does that even work yet)
> > >
> > Yes. I've used one myself and took a picture of someone else calling with
> > it: http://flickr.com/photos/lorphos/512691193/
> >
> Don't take me wrong, but a picture of somebody holding a neo1973 on his
> ear does not prove that it actually works.
>
> On the other hand I believe it is not vaporware, I think it simply got
> delayed because some unexpected problem

Come on guys this thread has gone on long enough. What has to happen
here. Do I need to mention Nazis [1] or something?

Maybe the phones are coming and maybe they aren't. Long winded, whiny
threads on a mainling list are not going to change that. Unless you
are actively developing software (as in have written code not just
thought about it) for the Neo and cannot get an evaluation unit you
really should chill out.

For those of you who are complaining about putting off phone purchases
waiting for a Neo, stop waiting! It has been stated several times that
even when released the first revision hardware will not be something
you want to rely on (because the software will be immature). Go get
yourself a carrier subsidised phone and plan on paying full fair for
you Neo (if/when it is released). You are going to want a backup when
you break your phone loading the latest build.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_Law

--
Andrew Becherer
Undergraduate, Computing and Software Systems