Stylus, the iPhone, and multi touch screens

Thomas Gstädtner thomas at gstaedtner.net
Thu Jun 28 12:22:30 CEST 2007

Imho the system with pen- and hand-based applications is the most useful
one.
I own a TomTom 5xx-Series, I used TomTom on my Nokia 7710
(only-touchscreen-phone) and I know that it is easy to use without a stylus.
TomTom has a good interface, but the sort of software (navigation) needs
relatively less input, so a stylus is not needed.
But it's something else with office software, terminal-emulation, and what
else you might use the Neo or other OpenMoko-phones in future.
This sort of software cannot be used without a stylus effective. Also
graphics software which needs very exact input also needs a stylus (well,
call me crazy, but I used the graphics software, which is similar to
windows' paint, on my 7710 for making outlines and other drawings).
There will be sooo much software in future and there will be so less
software which can be used by only having the fingers.