Yes, there's GPS (Re: What, no GPS?)

Mikko J Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Jun 28 16:42:24 CEST 2007

On to, 2007-06-28 at 01:29 -0500, BJ Quinn wrote:
> I can't help but notice that GPS is not on the list of scheduled upgrades
> in the recent announcement.  Is that a confirmed "no" for GPS, or had it
> already been confirmed "yes" and I missed something or am I off
> altogether?

It's not on the confirmed upgrades because GPS is already a part of the
GTA01, and already in (the lucky few) peoples' hands.

Anyway, thanks to Sean for the great news about FIC's level of
commitment in this project. And of course the shipping date. I did hope
earlier that the May 10th run would yield me a birthday toy, but I
suppose a bit late wedding present will do nicely as well (getting
married on a=rwx :). I'll surely get me one of these, and of 02 as well.
Then my fiancée (well, wife) will have the 01, and we'll get to use all
that excellent collaboration software that will magically appear during
that time; maybe even some from us, one hopes.

A scheduled EDGE upgrade would've made it just about perfect, but I
shan't complain, there's lots here to work with already. Looking forward
to a later 3g version though ;)

--
Mikko J Rauhala <mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi>
University of Helsinki