New Oceans

Ian Stirling OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com
Thu Jun 28 16:59:25 CEST 2007

Emre Turkay wrote:
> First of all congratulations to the FIC team.
>
> Can someone enlighten us about which configuration (base/advanced)
> should one order? What is the use of the debug board? What cannot I do
> without it? Shall I be able to use it with GTA02 and later versions?

Basically the only case where you should need the debug board is if you
manage to brick the device - and need to re-flash u-boot.

It will presumably be possible to send it off to someone for this - even
if not connected by FIC.

U-boot is basically akin to the BIOS in a PC.
Normal users, or even kernel developers should never need to update it
more than once or maybe twice.