Graphics Accelerator needs matching joystick and keys

Ortwin Regel ortwin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 19:46:15 CEST 2007

Using the Wiimote would make more sense as it would easily connect through
Bluetooth without any modifications being necessary.

I'd love to see a future OpenMoko device with a d-pad and a few gaming
buttons. I'm not convinced a stick would be a good idea because all I have
seen have either been crap or were breaking easily. What could work is the
technology used in IBM thinkpad notebooks for the little stick embedded in
the keyboard that replaces the mouse. No idea how exactly it works but it
could be great on a mobile phone.

Games on the standard Neo1973 will be possible without attachments. Not
traditional games, obviously. However, the touchscreen and later the
touchscreen & accelerometer combo can be used to do some pretty amazing
things. A little creativity is required, of course. Look at Palm PDAs, the
DS and especially http://forum.gbadev.org/viewforum.php?f=22 for ideas.

Ortwin