Itch3: Anti-lost/theft protection

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200702 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 03:21:59 CET 2007

"Christopher Tokarczyk" writes:
> I think the disagreement over what the phone ideally should do when
> stolen is even more support for the proposition that there should be a
> way for the owner to configure this behavior.

In addition, it would be very useful if the phone was reconfigurable
*after* it was stolen. It would be very frustrating to have a good
idea and then not be able to implement it because the phone could only
be programed while having physical access to it.

Personally I like the idea of periodic SMS messages with the
lat/lon/altitude.  When in stolen mode, having the phone receive SMS
msgs containing commands for the phone would seem to be very useful.
Something as simple as having a way of remotely submitting a short
shell script would do the trick.

-wolfgang