A new approach to Re: Itch3: Anti-lost/theft protection

adrian cockcroft adrian.cockcroft at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 19:26:35 CET 2007

I would like to include an accelerometer in a phone design (my own
homebrew design or a future Neo perhaps?), then all the Nintendo Wii
style interactions become possible.

If my phone is locked it asserts that it should be at rest, if someone
picks it up it needs a code or a secret gesture on the touchscreen to
unlock it or set moving locked mode.

if it doesn't get the code it asks to be put down again, if that fails
it complains loudly in speakerphone "help, I'm being stolen, put me
back!" or whatever audio you like.

It also posts its location to a web service.

Should be easy enough to code, I'm just waiting for the hardware to catch up...

Adrian