Possible security hole for Dialers/troyan horses

Tomasz Zielinski tomasz.zielinski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 22:36:12 CET 2007

2007/3/1, mathew davis <someoneinjapan at gmail.com>:

> then give it a rating of some sort 1 - being safe/trusted program and 10 -
> being known bad binary/ don't use at any cost unless you really want bad
> things to happen.

Well, nobody will recognize difference between rating 2 and 3 or 6 and
7. I think set of three values is sufficient: 1 - allow network/GSM
activity, 2 - ask every time app is trying to open connection/send
SMS/make voice call, 3 - ban without asking.

I wonder if OpenMoko system/library calls can be overriden or catch at
layer which will be able to show dialog popup for setting 2.

--
Tomek Z.
tomasz.zielinski at gmail.com