Platforms for Engineering school labs (Was: Re: RFC: Public targets having a big potential: Engineering schools)

Gergely Kis openmoko at kisgergely.com
Fri Mar 2 09:48:50 CET 2007

Hello,

Actually we are planning on doing this at the Technical University of Hungary.
I have an Embedded Linux course, where in the past years we used Siemens
Blue2Net devices + HP Ipaq 5500s with Familiar as the target, but the
former device is very low power (50 Mhz PPC, limited peripherials),
and the later is not really designed for Linux, altough it can be used
for education.

We just acquired Glomation GESBC-9315 developer boards, which has
similar parameters as the Neo + a CAN / RS485 bus controller which
makes it useful to demonstrate industrial applications. We also plan
to acquire Neo/OpenMoko devices to replace/complement the Ipaqs.

Best Regards,
Gergely