FOSDEM OpenMoko talk now on video.google.com

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 10:05:53 CET 2007

On 3/1/07, Ian Stirling <openmoko at mauve.plus.com> wrote:

> Get mplayer, and compile.
>
> This is playable with only the software codecs, no windows dlls are
> involved at all. (or at least it worked with them moved out of the usual
> place)
>
> As to why I picked it - I don't know offhand the switches to make
> mencoder output ogg.
> I don't even own a windows box.

As far as I can tell, there is no inbuilt ogm multiplexing or ogg
audio encoding for mencoder yet, and even then, the format of choice
IMHO would be an mkv container, mpeg4 video (either mencoder/ffmpeg's
lavc or xvid) and ogg audio. I'll be one happy man when I can do that
with 1 mencoder command, and not a script to encode audio separately
and multiplex a video segment with an audio segment.

Mike