Possible security hole for Dialers/troyan horses

Evgeny nad.oby at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 13:51:33 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 10:19 +0100, Bartłomiej Zdanowski DRP AC2 wrote:

> I'm afraid that you're going a bit too far. I thought about making
> costs with illegal calls and smses. Virus protection should appear
> only when viruses appear.

It still Linux based phone — there is absolutely no real-life viruses
for Linux at this time, trojans are possible treat, but user have to
install them by himself. If he want to install some unsigned/not known
application, the best thing is to warn him about possible treat.
You don't intend to think instead of user, don't you?
> Otherwise scanner would kill system's performance (as NAV do in my
> computer and I always disable it while not installing unknown apps).
Linux based phone you don't need anti-virus at all.
> Think about average users. They don't need rating. They sometimes even
> don't know exactly what spam is. It has to be as simple as possible.
Simple — Yes! Point to stupidity — Don't think so.
--
Sincerely Evgeny