OpenMoko featured in Mac|Life

Marcel de Jong mdejong at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 10:36:55 CET 2007

Ryan Kline <radryan214 at ...> writes:

> Hey Everyone--
>
> OpenMoko's Neo1973 was featured in Mac | Life's March Issue in an
> article titled "A Tale of Three Smartphones"
>
> "...we temporarily forgot that two other touchscreen smartphones had
> previously been announced: LG's Prada phone and the Neo1973
> smartphone, manufactured by Taiwan-based FIC and developed by
> OpenMoko, an open-source mobile "movement."...while the OpenMoko
> device is a linux geek's you-know-what-dream..."
>
> It also has a nice chart comparing iPhone, Neo1973, and PRADA.
>
> There is also an online editorial:
http://www.maclife.com/article/is_three_a_crowd_in_the_touch_screen_phone_arena

That article seems a bit scoffing towards the Neo1973, and has some mistakes in
its information on which I've commented on the site.
(I've added this article to the Wiki Press Coverage page (under February))

---
Marcel de Jong